Tuesday, January 27

Haircut

I had so many disasterous haircuts in the past - eventhough they're always the same style. Or end up the same way. I hated haircuts. I hated how I look after every haircut. I hated how my mom had to drag me by my scalp to get my to the place of mass destruction. I hated how my mom knows the hair butcher lady so well that they could chat forever while the butcher woman multitasked by cutting my hair.

Oh come on. A lot of girls say that they have miscommunication problems with the hair dresser. When I think back, it's no miscommunication problem for my case. It was the total lack of communication. The sin of silence. Oh my beloved hair, I did not do you justice! Oh, back in the days when I was so submissive to mom in matters like this.

Now, whenever I get a haircut, I tell the hair person to just cut whatever they think is suitable for me. I just need some layers to not make it so flat. I still freak out after every haircut. I feel a little different. It's awkward. Most people don't even notice I got my hair trimmed. Last few haircuts have been my breakthrough moments. Got a fringe by accident - and I actually liked it. It gives me cheaper fares on the bus sometimes because I look like a high schooler but I always get asked for a proof of age everytime I purchase alcohol. The following haircut, about 6 inches were chopped off under the influence of my Thai friend. I honestly think it's too short - and I look like Chibimaruko-chan. Yet, I enjoy the thrill of change; that fresh feeling.

So.. to fringe, or not to fringe? That is my question. I'll find out next week I guess, this week to too hot for me to walk more than 100m under the sun.

1 comment:

Quin said...

to fringe!!! get the slanted kind.. :D