Tuesday, January 8

Thank you 2012!

The magic peacock of random awesomeness

I still find it hard to believe that yet another year has passed. Two weeks into the new year and I still put down '2012' when I'm writing the date half the time (like in my drawing above). Oh well, I'll get used to it.

2012 was a really challenging year for some. From speaking to friends, Facebook and some blogs I follow, quite a few couldn't wait for this testing year to end. I do hope the new year will bring them new found hope and happiness. Nothing's permanent in this world of ours, good or bad - this too shall pass. 

Overall, I think 2012 has been a pretty good year - some significant milestones and emotional highs for many. A lot of couples I know either got married or engaged. A lot of my close friends claimed they had their biggest travel adventures or have never travelled to so many places in one year before. I couldn't say the same for myself, but these are my highlights for 2012:

1. Going back to Malaysia

Twice actually, but the trip last December was really awesome. The main reason for the trip is to attend my cousin, Rose's wedding. This experience deserves a couple of blog posts on its own but in a nutshell, it's the most frustrating yet the most beautiful wedding I've ever witnessed. 

It's always a challenge to catch up with people with such a tight time-frame but I am immensely proud of my good mates. After Rose's wedding, I hopped on a 7 am bus to KL and texted them on the way there. With only a few hours of notice, my friends/cousins with full time jobs made time for me and I've got my power packed trip sorted. I love them to bits! 
Penang > KL > Damansara > Kuang > Seremban > Kuang > Damansara > Penang (in 4 days!)

Last but definitely not least, I spent some quality time with my family. I have a love-hate relationship with some of them but at the end of the day, family is... family! And I really do love them.  

2. Getting my driver's license
Got my driver's license in Malaysia a month before I came overseas, and have been too poor to afford a car and too used to having Steve to chauffeur me around... until recently. May not be a big thing to some but having the confidence to drive a car is a massive accomplishment to me. Having said that, driving in Malaysia is still far-fetched for me :P

3. Rekindled old hobbies
I'm starting to draw, paint, read books and ride my bike again. These are small things, but something inside me felt alive. I doubt it made sense to you but I really can't explain this better.. sorry! 

4. Being more stable
What kind of highlight is 'stability'?! Lol, I feel like a simpleton sometimes. For lack of better words, I wanted to say that I felt more secure about my life. My relationship with Steve is going strong and financially, I think we're both dealing with our savings very well. I'm really pleased and contented with where we are at.

Well, wasn't it a perfect year? Nah, it goes without saying that the year did encounter a few low notes. I'm beginning to dislike certain aspects of my work and workplace. A big portion of my calendar year is dedicated to work so this is a biggie! Gah, at least I think I'm well paid, so I'll suck it up and power on. Another lowlight was how I disconnected myself from some friends. It's probably beneficial to disassociate myself from friends as such, but I feel sad. (Hero complex?) I wish I could fix this. Can 2013 give me the opportunity to do so? 

1 comment:

imo sex 1000tk .1ghonta Phon sex 500tk Sexlly contack call me 01706390974 mim Akhter Call girl imo number 01706390974 said...

Ami sex korie imo sex 1000Tk phone sex 500tk sex korun callme 01710469450 সেক্স করলে ১০০ ভাগ সেভ থাকবে ১বার টাই করে দেখ সেক্সী আমি নদী ঢাকা তে থাকি সেক্স করতে আগে বিকাশ করে টাকা দিতে হবে তার পর সেক্স হবে ১০০% গোপন তাকবে সেক্স করতে কল দেও 01710469450 Ami sex korie imo sex 1000Tk phone sex 500tk sex korun callme 01710469450 সেক্স করলে ১০০ ভাগ সেভ থাকবে ১বার টাই করে দেখ সেক্সী আমি নদী ঢাকা তে থাকি সেক্স করতে আগে বিকাশ করে টাকা দিতে হবে তার পর সেক্স হবে ১০০% গোপন তাকবে সেক্স করতে কল দেও 01710469450